Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de> on 2006/08/26 14:33:50 UTC

workaround found [was migration: sitetree.xml lacks uuid attributes]

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> hi !
>>

>> i'm still struggling to migrate my custom publication to uuid storage.
>>
>> i realized that my sitemaps were missing the "label" attribute (when on
>> earth was that one introduced?), but it's still not the root of the
>> problem.
>>
>> atm, the migration target runs through, but all pages throw an exception
>> "Caused by: org.apache.lenya.cms.publication.DocumentException: No
>> resource type defined for document [soziologie:authoring:/index:de]!"
>>
>> looking at the sitetree.xml, i see that none of the nodes has an uuid
>> entry.
>> however, all directories in my content/ storage are now uuids.
>>
>> would anyone be willing to take a look at my pub? if yes, i'll wrap it
>> up and put it on the web later tonight.
>
> Sure, I'll try to take a look at it. But I can't promise that I'll make
> it this week.

i think i can now pinpoint the bug.

to recap:

after running the migration module, all document storage directories
were changed to uuids, and their content was correctly migrated as well.
only the sitetree.xml lacked the uuid attributes, making the entire
publication unusable.

for some reason, one single page did get a uuid attribute, and a quick
look showed that it was the only page that *was not live*.

i went ahead and nuked the directories under content/live and added an
empty sitetree, and set all is_live entries in the content/authoring
meta files to "false" via sed.

now the migration works, all nodes get the correct uuids. only minor
quirk is that the status of the documents is reported as "live / not
live", the former due to the workflow version entries and the latter due
to my workaround.

i still need to reproduce this behaviour with the default pub, but first
i must sing and dance around for a while to celebrate that i can get
back to work at last after 2 hard months of testicles-dangling waiting
for fixes...

--
"I don't need backups. I need restore!" - Trad.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft