Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Connie Yang <cy...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 15:48:31 UTC

What happens to Kafka when ZK lost its quorum or becomes unstable?

Hi,

Can the producers, brokers and consumers still be processing messages when
their ZK cluster lost its quorum or becomes unstable?  I know this is
rather general question as it may depends on what configuration these use.
 So, please enumerate all of those combinations.

Thanks,
Connie

Re: What happens to Kafka when ZK lost its quorum or becomes unstable?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
The brokers are designed with the expectation that ZK service is always
available. If ZK is not available, the clients may not be able to
send/fetch data properly.

Thanks,

Jun