Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <ja...@jtheuer.de> on 2010/01/29 16:55:41 UTC

RESTful testing, transfer results

Hi,

I played a bit with jmeter and I just installed the jmeterrestsampler[1]. So
far it works well, but I still have some open questions, maybe you can point
me to the correct faqs ;-)

* Can I transfer the result header of a http request to the next step?
(Parts of the Location: header)

* Can I write a ThreadGroup where each Thread registers a new user (based on
a thread-id or something like that) and uses the username for http basic
auth? (I currently use the http authorization manager but I don't see how it
could be thread specific)

* Is it possible to have JSON assertions (not with regular expressions)

Cheers,

Jan

[1] I'm going to extend it so if other are interested, too, I'd share the
code.

RE: RESTful testing, transfer results

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <ja...@jtheuer.de>.
jeanlouis.pasturel@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:

> Yes! cool, that it fill a whish i did some days ago
> ;-)
> Where did you store this sampler ?

The original location is: http://rest-
fixture.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/JMeterRestSampler

I'll check with the author if we can continue to use the svn or must fork
it, next week.

Do you already create REST-tests? Maybe you can answer one of my questions
;-)

Cheers,

Jan
--

Posted by je...@orange-ftgroup.com.
 Yes! cool, that it fill a whish i did some days ago
;-)
Where did you store this sampler ?
I am interested

Cordialement / Best regards

Jean-Louis Pasturel

I played a bit with jmeter and I just installed the jmeterrestsampler[1]. So
far it works well, but I still have some open questions, maybe you can point
me to the correct faqs ;-)

* Can I transfer the result header of a http request to the next step?
(Parts of the Location: header)

* Can I write a ThreadGroup where each Thread registers a new user (based on
a thread-id or something like that) and uses the username for http basic
auth? (I currently use the http authorization manager but I don't see how it
could be thread specific)

* Is it possible to have JSON assertions (not with regular expressions)

Cheers,

Jan

[1] I'm going to extend it so if other are interested, too, I'd share the
code.
--
>From address is valid until 01.06.2010

*********************************
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.

Re: RESTful testing, transfer results

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
* Can I transfer the result header of a http request to the next step?
(Parts of the Location: header)

Yes. RegEx extractor with headers option

*...and uses the username for http basic auth?

I dont think this works directly. Might be able to workaround it though.
1. try passing http://username:password@host:port/path
2. See if the JMeter API's allow you to add the username / password , and if
so use a beanshell pre processor

* Is it possible to have JSON assertions (not with regular expressions)
Possible yes. But you'd might have to roll out your own
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-jmeter-dev/200909.mbox/%3C6354B0178104134E9BFDBA292603C0330185E253@EVSNTC01.ad.office.aol.com%3E

regards
deepak