Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Khare, Jagdish" <Ja...@bestbuy.com> on 2004/05/19 16:27:40 UTC

specifying JAXP 1.1 compliant XML parser for Axis

Hi,

I am running AXIS in weblogic 8.1 container. I have few other external
JARs in the classpath which have XML parsers but not the ones compatible
with Axis. I need to use the XML parsers included in Weblogic for the
use of Axis. Is there a way (any property/parameter that Axis reads) by
which I can specify weblogic version of XML parser to be used by Axis?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: specifying JAXP 1.1 compliant XML parser for Axis

Posted by Anderson Jonathan <an...@bah.com>.
We're running Axis in Weblogic 8.1 SP2 with only the following modification
to the startManagedWeblogic.cmd startup script:

set
JAVA_OPTIONS=-Djavax.xml.soap.SOAPFactory=org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPFactoryIm
pl

But this has nothing to do with JAXP XML parsers (Xerces) or JAXP XML
processors (Xalan) - you're simply telling it to use the Axis SOAPFactory
instead of the BEA Weblogic platform specific SOAPFactory.

Even then, we only need this configuration because we do things like this in
our Axis handlers:

SOAPFactory soapFactory = SOAPFactory.newInstance();
Name assertionName =
soapFactory.createName(SAMLConstants.SAML_ASSERTION_NAME,
SAMLConstants.SAML_NS_PREFIX, SAMLConstants.SAML_NS_URI);

What problems are you encountering with the XML parser + processor (a build
of Xerces + Xalan that they package in the consolidated weblogic.jar) that
come with BEA Weblogic?

-Jon