Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 16:17:42 UTC

dojo unresponsive

Hi,

I played a bit with
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-024/org/apache/geronimo/assemblies/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5/2.2/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5-2.2-bin.tar.gz

When I tried to open a tree entry (All -> Geronimo) in the JMX viewer,
Firefox 3.5.5 stopped the script:
  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26593465/dojo.gif dojo.gif

(This is a 2.5 GHz Quadcore here)

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: dojo unresponsive

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
It is not returning a whole tree here. That's slow because there is a great
many MBeans under the entry "All Mbeans -> geronimo". From the literal
meaning, you can see that will return all the mbeans managed in geronimo.

Actually, when I re-write the jmx viewer with the 3.x dojo, I tried my best
to avoid return the whole tree model. If you see the code I wrote in
JMXManagerHelper, you will found that I added a placeholder for each entry,
once you open the entry, will load the children dynamically.

-Rex

Re: dojo unresponsive

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
There's space to improve here.  Returning whole tree model to the client
with one click is not a good idea.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not a problem, that because the content of this tree entry you
> clicked  is really a big one, and need some time to construct. Just click
> continue and wait a while.
>
> -Rex
>
> 2009/12/1 Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I played a bit with
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-024/org/apache/geronimo/assemblies/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5/2.2/geronimo-jetty7-javaee5-2.2-bin.tar.gz
>>
>> When I tried to open a tree entry (All -> Geronimo) in the JMX viewer,
>> Firefox 3.5.5 stopped the script:
>>  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26593465/dojo.gif dojo.gif
>>
>> (This is a 2.5 GHz Quadcore here)
>>
>> Thanks,