Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2012/04/11 08:51:04 UTC

The end of ERP

Hi,

This morning I read http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2012/02/09/the-end-of-erp
Here is a review of this article http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2012/04/end-of-erp-as-we-know-it.html

I can tell you that OFBiz is not a perfect solution for the "new" subscription model, but mostly it works.
It's time to think  more about it though... This is coming fast...

Jacques

Re: The end of ERP

Posted by Robert2012 <ga...@mercon24.de>.
I dont really agree to them. The new way to offer services over time and so
on is right, but I think the good ERP Systems on the market can handle it
with a few modifications. Ofbiz can do it as well. He is right, its like a
new product and billing / accounting type, but with modifications, I think
its not that difficult to handle.

Jacques Le Roux wrote

Re: The end of ERP

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
ERP as in Enterprise Resource Management, May change as far as the
Enterprises that use it. But the Functions for Resource management is
well and good for any business that wants to maximize their profits.
My small(med) business use the ofbiz core with enhancement for Software
design and project management, as well as the hardware design we do.
Though we use Build to order, most of the time, doing resource
evaluation to determine when we start to build to possible orders is
important. Where the break point of Resources against Keeping stock,
make sense.
This ofoourse means fleshing out the budget entities, tied into a
business plan, to be automatic.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 4/10/2012 11:51 PM: