Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Torsten Foertsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2005/05/03 09:27:37 UTC

mailing list confusion

Hi,

I am looking for an appropriate mailing list for Apache::Test.

On http://marc.theaimsgroup.com I have found apache-test-dev and
apache-modperl-test-dev. For me it seems the first one is concerning about
testing httpd while the last one looks like what I am searching for.

On the other hand http://perl.apache.org/maillist/test-dev.html leads to
apache-test-dev. And the link to http://perl.apache.org/test/ in this page
produces a 404.

I am looking for a better list for the patch I have sent in a few days ago
(see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111495490914078&w=2)
since I got no answer at all.

Torsten

Re: mailing list confusion

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for an appropriate mailing list for Apache::Test.
>
> On http://marc.theaimsgroup.com I have found apache-test-dev and
> apache-modperl-test-dev. For me it seems the first one is concerning about
> testing httpd while the last one looks like what I am searching for.

way back when Apache-Test was part of the mod_perl project.  then it was
branched to start the httpd-test project and put under the direction of the
httpd project and the apache-test-dev mailing list was born.  recently,
Apache-Test was moved back under the perl project and
apache-modperl-test-dev mailing list (test-dev@perl.apache.org) was created
to discuss A-T specifically.

> On the other hand http://perl.apache.org/maillist/test-dev.html leads to
> apache-test-dev.

thanks, that's been fixed.  even though it doesn't show up on the marc main
page, the archives are here:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-test-dev

> And the link to http://perl.apache.org/test/ in this page
> produces a 404.

that's been fixed as well - it's perl.apache.org/Apache-Test even though
that page is nothing but a placeholder at the moment.

both changes should show up live in the next 6 hours.

> I am looking for a better list for the patch I have sent in a few days ago
> (see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111495490914078&w=2)
> since I got no answer at all.

we're all busy, doing the best we can :)  I read it (it's very long and
complex :) but haven't had the time to comment, but IIRC stas was working
with you on that.  but feel free to repost it to the proper list just for
the sake of the archives.  hopefully someone will pick it up "soonish" :)

--Geoff