Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <Sh...@lotus.com> on 2000/04/13 20:01:16 UTC

[ANN] Xalan-J 1.0.1 Maintenance Release posted to xml.apache.org

Xalan-J 1.0.1 is a maintenance release of our 1.0.0 version: a complete
reference implementation of the W3C XSLT and XPath Recommendations.  We
have fixed only a handful of critical bugs found since the 1.0.0 release
for this one; there should be no other functionality or API changes.

To download Xalan-J 1.0.1, see (note the new path!):
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_1_0_1.zip
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_1_0_1.tar.gz

Xalan-J 1.0.1 works with Xerces-J 1.0.3.

Build notes:

-- IMPORTANT: Note that we are changing our distribution area to match
other xml.apache.org projects.  This release is posted in the new area,
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/  In the near future we'll be moving our
old posted releases to this new area as well.

-- See README in the root. Also open README.html, which takes you to the
User's Guide in the docs directory and the Javadoc. in docs/apidocs.

-- Compiled on WinNT Server 4.0 SP5 with Sun's JDK 1.1.8.

-- The distribution files are built with zip and CYGWIN Tar utilities.

-- The doc and Javadoc are built with Stylebook and the JDK 1.2.2 javac and
javadoc tools.

-- All builds are done with Makefile.

-- The Xalan distribution now includes xerces.jar from Xerces-J 1.0.3 as a
convenience.

-- The sample applications are in xalansamples.jar. See docs/samples.html
for the details.

-- Sources are from the 'Bxalan_1_0_0' branch and are tagged 'xalan_1_0_1'.
Most future development work should proceed on the main trunk, not on this
branch.

- Shane               Automation & Test guy
mailto:shane_curcuru@lotus.com  AIM:xsltest
  http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/LotusXSL
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan