Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Wilson <an...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk> on 1997/01/09 21:46:33 UTC

Re: SSL-US Module (SSL 3.0 for US only)

Hi,

Jason S. Clary:

> Hey folks.. ok, the web site is half up... the actual module and patch
> are not up there yet because I still haven't finnished the docs..

I look forward to reading these, your module specification sounds
interesting.

> and the page isn't finnished yet but I'd appreciate your opinions
> of the logos and whatnot.. my Apache SSL-US might be offensive to
> some because I kinda stole the feather from Apache's logo, I hope
> you don't mind.. ;)

I mind.  I think that this might be misconstrued as an official
Apache Group offering, which it is not.  I can't demand that you
change your logo.  But I'm asking you to.

> I'm doing this SPECIFICALY as a module, not a special version of
> Apache.  I don't want there to be any mistake about it being a
> separate version of apache, it IS NOT.

I see.  Perhaps changing the logo will assist in disambiguation.

> Anyways, by tomorrow it should all be up and ready but the pretty
> pictures are there now.
>
> Jason Clary

Cheers,
Ay.