Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com> on 2003/05/30 16:35:11 UTC

gump.sh & gumppy.sh

I don't know if anybody is using these but me (perhaps Nick), but would
somebody mind checking them into the root directory of jakarta-gump?
Gump.sh is an update to an existing file.

The gump has these changes/fixes (below) and the gumppy.sh is attempting to
be an equivalent for Python Gump. Basically these scripts allow one to set
three environment variables (GUMP location, W/S, log) and run multiple gumps
on one box, from soup to nuts -- at least for common  cron usage.

Changes/Fixes:

1) Allow passing a target (to pass to update/build) on command line.
2) Removed the "gump" before clean in "build.sh clean" [Fails for me w/ gump
there].
3) Moved the environment dump before all actions.
4) Added more information echoed to the gump.html file. [Target/Location]
5) Fixed the cron test. [So only nags when run from cron].

Since the scripts do a Gump CVS update each time, I need these checked into
CVS in order to not lose my changes.

These are in Unix file format:

regards,

Adam
--
<http://www.try.sybase.com>
Experience Sybase Technology ...

RE: gump.sh & gumppy.sh

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.
	>I don't know if anybody is using these but me (perhaps Nick), but would
	>somebody mind checking them into the root directory of jakarta-gump?

	I just did this before reading this mail.  Sorry for the dealy.

Thanks for doing it, and no apology -- I know you re busy.
Sadly the gump.sh I sent to this list was slightly more updated than the one
I P2P to you...
regards
Adam

Re: gump.sh & gumppy.sh

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Adam Jack wrote:

>I don't know if anybody is using these but me (perhaps Nick), but would
>somebody mind checking them into the root directory of jakarta-gump?

I just did this before reading this mail.  Sorry for the dealy.

--
Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                          Centipede

RE: gump.sh & gumppy.sh

Posted by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com>.
Nick

It seems that one of us put a typo into gump.sh:

if [ -n $"STARTED_FROM_CRON" ] ; then

ought be:

if [ -n "$STARTED_FROM_CRON" ] ; then

.. i.e. $ inside the ".

regards,

Adam
It seems gump.sh has been checked in w/  merge problems (<<<<<<<<<<<). It
also seems that this list dropped the two files I attached. Mind if I P2P
you the files one more time? Thanks in advance...

regards

Adam

RE: gump.sh & gumppy.sh