Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com> on 2003/04/09 19:03:32 UTC

1.3 release

Are there reasons not to make a 1.3 final release?  Are there any bugs
in 1.3RC1 that are so serious that 1.3 final should be delayed?

Doug

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Lee Mallabone <le...@grantadesign.com>.
Hi,

Back in April everyone seemed satisfied that 1.3rc1 was at least as stable as 1.2.

Given that there don't seem to have been any major additions since then, is it expected to release 1.3 final soon?

If not, could anyone comment on whether I'd be better off using 1.3rc1 or the latest cvs version?

Regards,

Lee.

Re: 1.3 release

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@etapestry.com>.
Sorry, yes.  I didn't mean to -1 the release.  My comment was that I
*would have liked* to see this in this release.  There is no reason to
things up for this, though.  I'm +1 on releasing what we have.

Scott

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@etapestry.com>.

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.
Eric Isakson wrote:
 > If you guys agree that this is an approach we should take, I'd be
 > willing to take the time in the next day or two to add the todo items
 > and other responses to this thread to bugzilla and change the link in
 > xdocs/stylesheets/project.xml to a link to [ ... ]

I like this approach.  Please make the changes you propose.  It would be
good to make better use of Bugzilla.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Not in 1.3 I'd say.
But Eric's suggestion of moving todo.xml items to Bugzilla sounds very
good to me, so if we do that we will easily keep track of that task for
post 1.3 release.

Otis

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Julien Nioche <Ju...@lingway.com>.

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Che Dong <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Cutting:
How about add Asia language support in StandardTokenizer?
I notice the lucene was used in Jive and Eclipse, but because  lack  of Asia laugage support the Chinese can't search in these applications.

Do you have time review the bigram based CJKTokenizer and sigram based StandardTokenizer patch in these few days?

Thank you.

Regards

Che, Dong
http://www.chedong.com/tech/

Re: 1.3 release

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I don't think there are any serious problems with 1.3RC1.

Otis

RE: 1.3 release

Posted by Per Böckman <pe...@enea.se>.
Hi,

Will something like snowball-analyzers.jar be included in the 1.3 final
release as discussed previously in this list?

Regards,
Per