Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Peter Francq <pe...@switch.be> on 2002/03/13 11:07:00 UTC

Sybase

Hi list,

Has anyone running a turbine on sybase?

I have some issues that need explanation ;-)

Were the sql scripts tested? Seems not to me, if they where tested on which
version of Sybase (I'm using sybase 12)
So are there newer scripts or should I mail the adapted scripts that I made
to the community?

In the package org.apache.turbine.util.db there is a class called IDBroker
I think there's a bug on line 752 of method updateRow() where following code
can be found

            .append( " SET next_id= " )

should it not say
	.append(" SET NEXT_ID= ")
with capital letters for NEXT_ID ?

OK, I know this should not happen with sybase as you can set a table to
IDENTITY in order to get autoincremented id's. That easy to do in the sql
script where the table is created, but how do i configure trubine to use
those autoincremented ID's. Where can I set what property in order to not
use the ID_Table?

I found the problem as I was installing jetspeed which uses turbine. The
portal will be used internally in our company, but the only database I can
use is Sybase so please can you help me?

I'm using version 2.1 and I get a constant error from Sybase when adding a
user. "illegal table name next_id"  I know this question should be asked in
the jetspeed mailinglist, but the error occurs in the turbine part of it so
I post it here ;-)

Any remarks are welcome,
regards and tnx in advance

Peter
Peter Francq
Java Developer
swITch nv/sa

Tel:	+32 2 254.13.47
Fax:	+32 2 254.13.00
e-mail:	peter.francq@switch.be

Re: Sybase

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 05:07, Peter Francq wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Has anyone running a turbine on sybase?

I personally don't but I would try it if there was a free version
available. Does sybase have a linux version that is free?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org