Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Gerrie Kimpen <ge...@pandora.be> on 2002/05/27 22:35:12 UTC

new struts extension: action plug-in

Hi all,
in the course of implementing my company's application framework I've created a small Struts extension that I would like to contribute to all Struts users and developers.

The action plug-in extension is, in concept, very similar to the Servlet Filter mechanism and is meant to provide a clean and transparent way to plug-in common controller logic (such as authentication, workflow, etc.) for Struts actions in an application.

I invite you to read the user documentation and to download the code at http://www.asqdotcom.be/struts/. Since I'm quite new to the Struts framework (approx. 2 weeks) I appreciate any comments that can improve this extension.

Regards,
Gerrie

Re: new struts extension: action plug-in

Posted by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net>.
Nicely done Sir, I've just read the documentation and I'll have a play with
this in my current project in a few days.

At 22:35 27/05/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>in the course of implementing my company's application framework I've
>created a small Struts extension that I would like to contribute to all
>Struts users and developers.
>
>The action plug-in extension is, in concept, very similar to the Servlet
>Filter mechanism and is meant to provide a clean and transparent way to
>plug-in common controller logic (such as authentication, workflow, etc.)
>for Struts actions in an application.
>
>I invite you to read the user documentation and to download the code at
>http://www.asqdotcom.be/struts/. Since I'm quite new to the Struts
>framework (approx. 2 weeks) I appreciate any comments that can improve
>this extension.
>
>Regards,
>Gerrie
>

>---