Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/04/15 22:58:18 UTC

Web site

There has been some back-channel discussion about the web site.

Druid has a good and successful web site outside of Apache, namely druid.io <http://druid.io/>. We cannot start transitioning that site until the legal IP transfer has completed. In the mean time, we were left without a web site: requests to http://druid.apache.org/ <http://druid.apache.org/> and http://druid.incubator.apache.org/ <http://druid.incubator.apache.org/> would receive an HTTP 404.

Gian has created a simple web site in Apache that has hyperlinks to druid.io <http://druid.io/> and references the current user list druid-user@googlegroups.com <ma...@googlegroups.com>. Links to outside Apache regarded as a breach of Apache branding policy and are frowned upon; but as a mentor I totally understand why they are necessary: Druid has a great community, and we must protect that community during the transition to Apache.

The current web site is good enough for the short-term, but let’s get a proper branding-compliant web site up and running as soon as we can. Let’s make it one of the “top three” tasks listed in each board report.

I see [1] that Gian is pushing to move traffic from druid-dev@googlegroups.com <ma...@googlegroups.com> to this dev list. That effort is most welcome, also.

Julian

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/druid-development/q1ip-L8xpBk/hDCYaIsQCgAJ <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/druid-development/q1ip-L8xpBk/hDCYaIsQCgAJ>

Re: Web site

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
3 repos makes sense to me. I believe that ASF infra can handle it.

And you have a one-time opportunity to clean out cruft from your source code repo as you move to ASF.

Julian

Re: Web site

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: Web site