Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2008/09/24 23:23:47 UTC

Re: Heads up -- shading asm deps

> Heads up that I'll be inlining the asm jars so that others (like
> hibernate) using other versions of asm won't get conflicts.  Will be
> inlining the xbean-finder code as well as it has a dep on asm.  This
> is going to touch a lot of files hence the heads up.

Also going to need to inline the xbean-reflect code as it has a dep on
asm for the constructor arg functionality.  Heads up on that.

-David

Re: Heads up -- shading asm deps

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 24, 2008, at 4:23 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2008, at 7:00 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Heads up that I'll be inlining the asm jars so that others (like
>> hibernate) using other versions of asm won't get conflicts.  Will
>> be inlining the xbean-finder code as well as it has a dep on asm.
>> This is going to touch a lot of files hence the heads up.
>
> Also going to need to inline the xbean-reflect code as it has a dep
> on asm for the constructor arg functionality.  Heads up on that.

Managed to get the issue solved without having to inline (repackage)
xbean-reflect, which is good.  The OpenEJB/Hibernate setup is now way
simpler with no more need for asm and cglib includes and excludes.
Should make using them together in an IDE way simpler as all of that
reconciliation had to be done by hand jar at a time.

-David