Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/22 21:34:55 UTC

Maven Felix Bundle plugin (BND) - How to tell BND to ignore the jars inside of WEB-INF/lib

Hello Peter,
As posted in an earlier post (actually a reply to your reply) I have a
stringent requirement from my client that everything I do as far as OSGi
development process, must run seamlessly with in IBM RAD and WAS env. But my
OSGi development process is mainly of BND and PAX based!

So as a POC I took an example from IBM RedBook called the bank application,
and converted (created a new project from scratch) using PAX and BND.  Now
I'm trying to convert the project so that RAD will recognize if as OSGi RAD
project etc. After a lot of frustrating hrs and days I'm close to make it
work in RAD env.

Only problem is the example has bunch of JARS inside the WEB-INF/lib folder.
The same jars deploy just fine when deployed as part of the original IBM RAD
Bank app.

But when I build a bundle (including generating the META-INF/MANIFEST-MF)
the BND tools introspects the WEB-INF/lib jars also! This results in some
missing transient dependencies to old Apace Avalon org.apache.log packages.
I have no idea how this happens! Not sure which bundle is referring to this
package at all!

Question is how do I tell Apache Maven Plugin to ignore the jars in
WEB-INF/lib folder while generating the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file? One
option will be to hard code the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF,  but I really do not
want to do that! Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Re: Maven Felix Bundle plugin (BND) - How to tell BND to ignore the jars inside of WEB-INF/lib

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.
Looking forward to this!

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens