Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/02 08:32:26 UTC

[ALL] Sandbox space for GSoC projects

Soon, I'd like to create spaces in the SVN sandbox area for our two
GSoC projects this year.

How about a top level 'gsoc' directory (or some such name) in the
sandbox, and project spaces underneath. So:

  sandbox/gsoc/$project1
  sandbox/gsoc/$project2

where $project1 and $project2 are the names we choose for the
corresponding directories.

Alternative is a more direct:

  sandbox/$project1
  sandbox/$project2

but that makes it harder to distinguish between a sandbox project and
a GSoC space.

Anyone have a preference or suggestions?

-Rahul

Re: [ALL] Sandbox space for GSoC projects

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Okay, Thank you for your work :-)

在 2010年5月18日 上午2:36,Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>写道:

> 2010/5/17 Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>:
> > Yeah, it seems that many projects use standard m2 layout, it is a good
> > choice :-)
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Yes, thanks.
>
> I am beginning to look at the check ins and will send some comments
> soon (probably in new email threads).
>
> -Rahul
>

> > 在 2010年5月17日 下午3:44,Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>写道:

> directory
> >>
> >> I'd suggest using the standard m2 layout. As an example, take a look at:
> >> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/chain/trunk/
> >>
> >> It is a little different from your proposal below.
> >>
> >> Mark

> > --
> > Best Regards
> >
> > Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)

Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)

Re: [ALL] Sandbox space for GSoC projects

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

在 2010年5月17日 下午12:31,Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>写道:

--
Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)

Re: [ALL] Sandbox space for GSoC projects

Posted by Xun Long Gui <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I want to submit my codes to GSoC project sandbox SVN, apache has created
account for me, and my SVN url is
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/gsoc/2010/scxml-eclipse/trunk/,
before my first commit, discussing my project diretory here is very
necessary as my project has 5 modules. The whole project is an Eclipse
plunge-in project, it has five modules in all:

   - org.apache.commons.scxml
   - org.apache.commons.scxml.diagram
   - org.apache.commons.scxml.edit
   - org.apache.commons.scxml.editor
   - org.apache.commons.scxml.tests

So, i will keep this directory structure in SVN space, and i will add a
readme file in the SVN root directory to introduce my project, develop
environment and how to build it etc. Any ideas? Thank you.

Regards

2010/5/16 Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>

> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 6:14 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 02/05/2010, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Soon, I'd like to create spaces in the SVN sandbox area for our two
> >>  GSoC projects this year.
> >>
> >>  How about a top level 'gsoc' directory (or some such name) in the
> >>  sandbox, and project spaces underneath. So:
> >>
> >>   sandbox/gsoc/$project1
> >>   sandbox/gsoc/$project2
> >>
> >>  where $project1 and $project2 are the names we choose for the
> >>  corresponding directories.
> >>
> >>  Alternative is a more direct:
> >>
> >>   sandbox/$project1
> >>   sandbox/$project2
> >>
> >>  but that makes it harder to distinguish between a sandbox project and
> >>  a GSoC space.
> >
> > Or:
> >
> > sandbox/gsoc2010-project1
> > sandbox/gsoc2010-project2
> >
> >>  Anyone have a preference or suggestions?
> >
> > Any of the above are OK with me.
> >
> <snip/>
>
> OK, I have created the structure that I think works best here:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/gsoc/
>

> > I suggest adding a readme file to the top level of any GSOC project
> > with details of the project - contributors, mentors etc. A link to the
> > GSOC wiki page might be sufficient.
> >
> <snap/>
>
> Done (though I didn't add any wiki / JIRA links yet -- thats a good idea).
>
> -Rahul

Best Regards

Gui Xun Long (桂训龙)

Re: [ALL] Sandbox space for GSoC projects

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/05/2010, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Soon, I'd like to create spaces in the SVN sandbox area for our two
>  GSoC projects this year.
>
>  How about a top level 'gsoc' directory (or some such name) in the
>  sandbox, and project spaces underneath. So:
>
>   sandbox/gsoc/$project1
>   sandbox/gsoc/$project2
>
>  where $project1 and $project2 are the names we choose for the
>  corresponding directories.
>
>  Alternative is a more direct:
>
>   sandbox/$project1
>   sandbox/$project2
>
>  but that makes it harder to distinguish between a sandbox project and
>  a GSoC space.

Or:

sandbox/gsoc2010-project1
sandbox/gsoc2010-project2