Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by ShannonDing <di...@apache.org> on 2019/08/21 02:36:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC1.

Hello RocketMQ Community,

This is the vote for version 1.2.3 of Apache RocketMQ Client CPP.

This release includes the main futures below:

Support transaction message.
Support C style batch message sending.
Support getting error information when C API returns false.
Polish the TCP transport layer.
Remove useless code and fix compile warnings.

For detail info, please see the release note.

The artifacts:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/rocketmq/rocketmq-client-cpp/1.2.3-rc1/

Git tag for the release:

https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-cpp/tree/release-1.2.3

Hash for the release tag:

32fb1c85231bc4a581f634e6aa228b1a91bc90e7

Release Notes:

http://rocketmq.apache.org/release_notes/release-notes-rocketmq-client-cpp-1.2.3/

The artifacts have been signed with Key :

BBC3FBA877D30832E2FBC8F901B994150CD1E262, which can be found in the keys

file:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/rocketmq/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of

votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[] +1 approve

[] +0 no opinion

[] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,

The Apache RocketMQ Team

回复:[VOTE] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC1.

Posted by superheizai <su...@aliyun.com>.
+1
主 题:Re: [VOTE] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC1.

+1

ShannonDing <di...@apache.org> 于2019年8月21日周三 上午10:36写道:

Posted by wenfeng wang <sx...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I see a couple of +1 votes here, after I pointed out some issues. Is there any reason for the +1 votes? Do you not consider the the issues as serious enough to stop a release?

I’d really like to see a bit more detail on votes emails other than “+1”. It's best if you list what you have checked and the platform you have tested it on.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [RESTART][VOTE][#1] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC2.

Posted by 金融通 <ji...@mails.ucas.ac.cn>.
+1, I have checked

[OK]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Source package.

[OK]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Binary package.

[OK]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[OK]  Binary artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[OK]  License and Notice are correct in source package.

[OK]  License and Notice are correct in binary package.

[OK]  All files have license headers in source package if necessary.

[OK]  No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

[OK]  Hash and Tag in GitHub repo is matching the current artifacts.

[OK]  The code can be built success in the source package.

Posted by Yin James <yw...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Posted by liqipeng <wl...@163.com>.
+1,I have checked

Posted by liqipeng <wl...@163.com>.
+1,I have checked

[RESULT] [RESTART][VOTE][#1] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC2.

Posted by ShannonDing <di...@apache.org>.
Hello RocketMQ Community,

The Apache RocketMQ vote is now closed and has passed with [3] binding +1s,[3] non-binding +1s and no 0 or -1:

*Binding votes +1s:*

heng du (duhengforever)

ShannonDing(dinglei)

Li qipeng(wlliqipeng)

*Non-binding votes +1s:*

jonnxu

jinrongtong16

Yin James

The release will be published soon.

Thanks,

The Apache RocketMQ Team

On 09/6/2019 11:45,heng du<du...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1, I have checked

Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Source package.

Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Binary package.

Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

Binary artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

License and Notice are correct in the source package.

All files have license headers in source package if necessary.

徐江 <jo...@163.com> 于2019年9月3日周二 上午11:20写道:

+1 approve

Checklist for reference,

Note that this is not official policy but may help with checking releases.

Fill in the following:

[Y]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Source package.

[Y]  Checksums and PGP signatures are valid for Binary package.

[Y]  Source code artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[Y]  Binary artifacts have correct names matching the current release.

[Y]  License and Notice are correct in source package.

[Y]  License and Notice are correct in binary package.

[Y]  All files have license headers in source package if necessary.

[Y]  No compiled archives bundled in source archive.

[Y]  Hash and Tag in GitHub repo is matching the current artifacts.

[Y]  The code can be built success in the source package.

Posted by heng du <du...@gmail.com>.
+1, I have checked

Posted by heng du <du...@gmail.com>.
+1, I have checked

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC1.

Posted by ShannonDing <di...@apache.org>.
Cancel this vote due to some issues, after all the issues are fixed, the process will restart later.
Issues and solutions attached in below mail thread.

At 2019-08-21 14:15:47, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>-1 binding as LICENSE is missing bundled 3rd party licenses
>
>I checked:
>- hashes and signatures fine
>- LICENSE is missing 3rd party license information (see below)
>- NOTICE is fine
>- No unexpected binary files

>- A couple of file are missing ASF headers [3][4]
Yes, ASF header losts before. the ASF header is added to the files. see commitlog[1]

>- Can’t compile but may be my set up
>
>License is missing mention of:
>- these BSD licensed files [1]

Metioned the BSD license in the project license file, see commitlog[1]
>- this file of unknown license (and it’s also missing a header) [2]
Add license header due to commitlog[1]
>- these BSD style likened filed [5][6] shoes license is missing (so you not abiding with the terms of the license) and who probably incorrectly have ASF headers on them.

Remove the the ASF Header and add metioned the BSD license in the license file, see commitlog[2]

>All of this issue were found by looking at the report Apache Rat produces.
>
>It compile fine and is failing at the end of the build with this error:
>[ 99%] Built target SyncProducer
>[100%] Built target TransactionProducer
>/usr/local/Cellar/cmake/3.4.3/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /Users/justinmclean/ApacheRocketMQ/rocketmq-client-cpp-1.2.3-source-release/tmp_build_dir/CMakeFiles 0
>usage:  ar -d [-TLsv] archive file …
><snip>
>cp: librocketmq.a: No such file or directory
>

>But the file does exist in ./bin/librocketmq.a so perhaps it an issue with the build script on OSX?
the ar command runs failed in MacOS, the script has been updated. as i checked in my build env, it compiled a static library OK.

the key of "BBC3FBA877D30832E2FBC8F901B994150CD1E262" was generated with my apache email "dinglei@apache.org" and send to the keserver "pgpkeys.mit.edu" before, and  today, i have update it to the key server "keyserver.ubuntu.com" again.

1.https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-cpp/commit/b7821633d70d86db9db16405673f929937454ae2
2.https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-client-cpp/commit/8a2ed5a74182942803c743c3c7080234a2095291

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache RocketMQ Client CPP 1.2.3 RC1.