Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Ex...@nokia.com on 2004/03/09 14:11:50 UTC

request for info on axis c++

--DS-4865600769719850703

Hi,

we are looking for a complete C++ environment (client/server libraries + code generator) for SOAP based projects. I'm still not very familiar with Axis C++, but after reading the documentations, I've found that two features seems to be missing from Axis C++ that would be crucial for us:
- Standalone services (without webserver)
- Port to SymbianOS

Do you have plans to support these features in the near future? If not, how much efforts you think their implementation would require from a third party?

best wishes to open source :)

Istvan

--DS-4865600769719850703--

Re: request for info on axis c++

Posted by su...@opensource.lk.
> Hi,
>
>> There is a standalone server but we haven't been focusing on it much
>> because there wasn't much interest (except for debugging). Can you
>> folks help with it?
>
> We're currently still in the inspection phase, considering different
> SOAP frameworks to be used. Additionally, I'm not the guy in charge
> here. However, I'm personally optimistic about Axic C++, you guys did a
> lot of good work in a very short time.
>
>> I have zero knowledge of SymbianOS .. is it POSIX compliant?? If so it
>> should be relatively easy (or it *must* be relatively easy and we need
>> to improve the codebase until it is!). Do you need the dynamic loadable
>> handler stuff? If not that'll make things easier too.
>
> Unfortunately it is *absolutely not* posix complient, even not fully C++
> complient (e.g. no exceptions, no static variables, strange scheduling
> architecture, etc). It can be programmed in pure C using some very basic
> libraries only. So porting a C/C++ code to Symbian is often a pain in
> the ass. :) However, it is a must since most mobile devices are based on
> SymbianOS.

I think you are interested in making the SOAP engine as tiny as possible
right ?. This is possible with our own SOAP targetted xml parser
(development in progresss) ):

> Soon I'm beginning to experiment with Axis C++, perhaps I'll have some
> lame questions in the near future on the user mailing list. :)

You are always welcome

Susantha.

Re: request for info on axis c++

Posted by "Zolyomi Istvan (EXT-IT-Guru/Budapest)" <Ex...@nokia.com>.
Hi,

--
	best regards

		Istvan

Re: request for info on axis c++

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi,

 >Standalone services (without webserver)

Axis C++ has a Standalone Server built in with it. The Standalone  server
code is not upto-date with the latest Transport Design changes. I will
check on this and bring it to working order.

rgds,
Roshan

Re: request for info on axis c++

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.