Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Will Pierce <jw...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/17 02:23:54 UTC

Review/commit of THRIFT-1115? (python TBase and __slots__ memory savings)

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone with commit access can review
THRIFT-1115<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-1115>
("python
TBase class for dynamic (de)serialization, and __slots__ option for memory
savings") to let me know if it needs any more work, or if it can be
committed.  I think it's fallen through the cracks, unfortunately.  I'm very
motivated to get this code into trunk, so I don't have to patch the release
to get the big memory and code size savings it provides.

The patch (v3) I attached on April 19th addresses all the concerns and
feedback I got.  (And it includes exhaustive tests that all pass for me on
python 2.4 and 2.7...)  I'd appreciate any additional feedback, or a
commit...

Thanks!
-W

--
J. Will Pierce

Re: Review/commit of THRIFT-1115? (python TBase and __slots__ memory savings)

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@fb.com>.
Hey Will,

Sorry I haven't gotten on this sooner.  I should be able to take a look at it by the end of the week.