Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Steigerwald, Aaron" <as...@brandesassociates.com.INVALID> on 2022/04/28 15:22:09 UTC

This node is not configured for Quorum Voting

Hello,

Is there a way to configure a clustered node with a live-only ha-policy to participate in quorum voting? I'm experimenting with a cluster containing 3 live/backup pairs and a live-only node. The live-only node reports the following when one of the live nodes from a live/backup pair shuts down:

AMQ224090: This node is not configured for Quorum Voting, all nodes must be configured for HA

It seems like allowing live-only ha-policy nodes to quorum vote would be a good way to increase the number of voting nodes and decrease split brain likelihood. What's the reason they're not allowed to vote?

Also, is Artemis designed for clustered broker mirroring? I tried configuring the live-only ha-policy node in the above cluster configuration to be the mirror target of one of the live nodes from a live/backup pair. The cluster became unstable, generating errors and warnings, especially when a live node from a live/backup pair was shut down. It appears to result from cluster information being mirrored from the mirror source to the mirror target. If this is the only reason this functionality doesn't work, is there a way to filter out cluster information from being sent from a source mirror to a target mirror? I looked at AMQPMirrorControllerSource.java and see that the isInternal() method is called to filter out internal events that shouldn't be sent the mirror targets. Is it possible the cluster events are not being marked as internal?

Thank you,
Aaron Steigerwald