Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by "Tidd, Bryan (MAN-Corporate)" <Br...@Manheim.com> on 2014/10/14 23:31:22 UTC

AWS and VPC settings

Is there a way to use AWS VPCs? I haven't found a setting for it yet.
Thanks

Bryan Tidd | Senior Engineer, Release Engineering

Manheim | 6325 Peachtree Dunwoody Road | Atlanta, GA | 30328

M: 770.595.2516 | bryan.tidd@manheim.com

Re: AWS and VPC settings

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately not yet. It certainly would be a great feature to add.

I believe that AWS VPC support is not yet in jclouds [1], so raising
this on jclouds-users and creating a jira on jclouds would also be good.

Alternatively, this could be added to
https://github.com/brooklyncentral/advanced-networking/.
This is a downstream project (also Apache 2 licensed). One of its main
purposes is to handle isolated networks. It does this for CloudStack,
for vcloud director, or via iptables on a jump host.
In that project it uses jclouds where possible, but uses other
techniques where appropriate (e.g. drops down to some direct REST calls,
or uses the VMware Java SDK).

Aled

[1] http://jclouds.apache.org/