Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by baalchina <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/30 02:54:36 UTC

[users@httpd] How to force loging using https,all others using http?

Hello everyone.

I am using a forum,with php. The logging file is logging.php.

I set mod_rewrite,to force logging using https, for example,user who clicks
http://myforum/logging.php will automatic direct to
https://myforum/logging.php

The problem is, not all of my sites need https. but when user successfully
logged in, he will stay in https.

So, is there any way I can use rewrite to force all of my site files to
using http,except logging.php?

thank you very much!
--
from:baalchina

Re: [users@httpd] How to force loging using https,all others using http?

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 30, 2007 2:54 AM, baalchina <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I am using a forum,with php. The logging file is logging.php.
>
> I set mod_rewrite,to force logging using https, for example,user who clicks
> http://myforum/logging.php will automatic direct to
> https://myforum/logging.php
>
> The problem is, not all of my sites need https. but when user successfully
> logged in, he will stay in https.
>
> So, is there any way I can use rewrite to force all of my site files to
> using http,except logging.php?

A lot depends on how the login mechanism on you site works. What
happens after a user es entered his details and submits the form?

But ask yourself why you want this? I know of no good reason to want a
user to make a https session fall back to http, while there are quite
a few reasons to stay with https.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com