Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/28 00:53:14 UTC

Proposed board report for November

Here it is.  Any comments/additions?

Karl

Board Report, ManifoldCF PMC

ManifoldCF PMC Chair: Karl Wright (kwright@apache.org)
Date: November 2014

Project description
==============

ManifoldCF is an effort to provide an open source framework for connecting
source content repositories like Microsoft Sharepoint and EMC Documentum,
to target repositories or indexes, such as Apache Solr, OpenSearchServer
or ElasticSearch. ManifoldCF also defines a security model for target
repositories
that permits them to enforce source-repository security policies.

Releases
========

ManifoldCF graduated from the Apache Incubator on May 16, 2012.  Since
then, there
have been eight major releases, including a 1.7 release on August 24, 2014,
and a
point release 1.7.1 on September 22, 2014.  The next major release is
scheduled for
December 31, 2014.

Committers and PMC membership
our connectors
now have significant use cases and constituencies, and the connector family
continues to grow.  Dev list comments for this period centered around
ManifoldCF 2.0
development, and backwards compatibility issues, as well as voting for the
major 1.7
release.  There were plenty of people looking for integration advice as
well.

Committer and external contributions have been significant this cycle.  I
am unaware
of any mailing-list question that has gone unanswered.

Outstanding issues
==================

None known.

Branding
========

We have reviewed the site branding guidelines and believe we are now
compliant with
these, with the possible exception of (TM) signs in logos from other Apache
products
that don't have any such marks.  Hopefully we will be able to correct this
issue
soon.