Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by JZA <ac...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/24 04:37:00 UTC

Calc interacting with the REST API

I wonder if there is a library on Basic STL that allow to interact with
http, using GET/POST. Reading the reference I only came across uri, which
is close but might be more on the lines of http.

I am trying to do this in OOoBasic, with the objecting of retrieving or
interfacing with a REST web API. I have some sample code on Python:

import requests
rest = request.get('http://myrest.com/service')
quote = float(rest.text)
​print quote
*532.00*​

​What I want is to have the 532.00 in a Calc cell.

Regards.​

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor