Posted to user@struts.apache.org by cellterry <ce...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/06 10:55:38 UTC

submit date in textfield with custom date format

Dear All,

I am using struts textfield tag with a date field with date format
"yyyy-MM-dd."

I have seen the following link which also can display what I want.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/formatting-dates-and-numbers.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/formatting-dates-and-numbers.html

However, when I submit the format, the date in struts action is null.

Without the formatting, the date can be passed and hence I feel no other
bugs except formatting.

My code is as follows:

In Jsp:

:
:
<s:textfield id="dt" key="dt" name="qr.dt"
value="%{getText('format.date',{qr.dt})}"/>
:
:

In resource file:

:
:
format.date={0,date,yyyy-MM-dd}
:
:

Could anyone tell me how to make struts action class to retrieve the date
with custom date format?

Terry.

Re: submit date in textfield with custom date format

Posted by Li Ying <li...@gmail.com>.
Read this doc:
http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/type-conversion.html

From
[# 3 Creating a Type Converter]
[# 6 Applying a Type Converter for an application]

Re: submit date in textfield with custom date format

Posted by cellterry <ce...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you are right.

After searching online a while, I have the following conversion class:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30437359/DateTypeConverter.java
DateTypeConverter.java

However, when I convert a date, I get the following error. Note that the
class is found and loaded as "test" in class constructor is printed.

test
com.opensymphony.xwork2.conversion.impl.XWorkConverter  -
#com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger.error(CommonsLogger.java:27)#
- Conversion registration error
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.buildBean(SpringObjectFactory.java:130)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory.buildBean(ObjectFactory.java:139)

:
:

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, did you get an
ognl.MethodFailedException exception?

2010/12/6 cellterry <ce...@gmail.com>:

> Dear All,
>
> I am using struts textfield tag with a date field with date format
> "yyyy-MM-dd."
>
> I have seen the following link which also can display what I want.
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/formatting-dates-and-numbers.html
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/formatting-dates-and-numbers.html
>
> However, when I submit the format, the date in struts action is null.
>
> Without the formatting, the date can be passed and hence I feel no other
> bugs except formatting.
>
> My code is as follows:
>
> In Jsp:
>
> :
> :
> <s:textfield id="dt" key="dt" name="qr.dt"
> value="%{getText('format.date',{qr.dt})}"/>
> :
> :
>
> In resource file:
>
> :
> :
> format.date={0,date,yyyy-MM-dd}
> :
> :
>
> Could anyone tell me how to make struts action class to retrieve the date
> with custom date format?
>
> Terry.

Maurizio Cucchiara