Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2019/03/05 20:40:02 UTC

workstation instance change

Trafodion developers,

FYI. I just merged TRAFODION-3272 changes to master.  These mostly affect clustered-installed instances, since it changes the locations of TRAF_CONF to /etc/trafodion/conf, as well as the default locations of TRAF_LOG and TRAF_VAR.  (cdl and cdt functions continue to work, of course).

The locations of DCS and REST conf directories also changed, so that they are located relative to TRAF_CONF.  This created a small conflict between install_local_hadoop modifying config files and the makefile packaging that packages the default config files.  To resolve this and to allow good packages be built in same workspace as install_local_hadoop, the setting for TRAF_CONF on workstation instances was changed to be under the local_hadoop directory.

This mostly does not affect regular usage, since there is little need to change the default config files. But I wanted to give this heads-up to you.

Also, I re-defined the cdc function that was doing something very outdated to instead change to the TRAF_CONF directory and reduce the need to remember where it is in the various environments.

--Steve

Re: RE: workstation instance change

Posted by "shengchen.ma@esgyn.cn" <sh...@esgyn.cn>.
hi all:
  I also find the log dir of dcs & rest changed, they used in their installed dir, now they are in `cdl`

shengchen.ma@esgyn.cn

From: Steve Varnau
Date: 2019-03-06 07:17
To: dev@trafodion.apache.org
Subject: RE: workstation instance change
Some typos in previous post.  Those cp command flags should all be -r  (or -rf).

Updated:

source env.sh   # or whatever sqenv file you are using.
echo $TRAF_CONF   # should see local_hadoop in path
cp -r $TRAF_HOME/conf $TRAF_CONF
cp -r $DCS_INSTALL_DIR/conf $TRAF_CONF/dcs
cp -r $REST_INSTALL_DIR/conf $TRAF_CONF/rest

--Steve

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Fair question.