Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Daniel Willig <da...@doc-exc.de> on 2010/07/01 19:04:32 UTC

Instance Management API broken

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve instance variables using the Management API. Unfortunately the result of getVariableInfo() is always null.

Here's some code:

InstanceManagementPortType client = new InstanceManagement().getPort(InstanceManagementPortType.class);

TInstanceInfo instanceInfo = client.getInstanceInfo(701);
TScopeRef scope = instanceInfo.getRootScope();
TScopeInfo rootScope = client.getScopeInfo(Long.parseLong(scope.getSiid()));

Variables variables = rootScope.getVariables();

for (TVariableRef var : variables.getVariableRef()) {
              TVariableInfo out = client.getVariableInfo(var.getSiid(), var.getName());
              if (out != null) {
                             System.out.println(var.getName() + ": " + out.getValue());
              }
}

Here's an example of what's going through the wire:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
              <soapenv:Body>
                             <axis2ns1431:getVariableInfoResponse
                                           xmlns:axis2ns1431="http://www.apache.org/ode/pmapi">
                                           <variable-info>
                                                         <ns:self xmlns:ns="http://www.apache.org/ode/pmapi/types/2006/08/02/"
                                                                       siid="751" iid="701" name="startProcessOut" />
                                                         <ns:value xmlns:ns="http://www.apache.org/ode/pmapi/types/2006/08/02/">
                                                                       <message>
                                                                                      <payload>
                                                                                                    <startProcessResponseMessage
                                                                                                                  xmlns="http://decidr.de/DefaultTenant/processes/306" />
                                                                                      </payload>
                                                                       </message>
                                                         </ns:value>
                                           </variable-info>
                             </axis2ns1431:getVariableInfoResponse>
              </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I have excluded the container, JAX-WS and connection issues from the list of possible causes.

Could the responsible developer please open a bug report? I can provide a unit test if needed.

Regards,
Daniel