Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Budi Mulyono <bu...@ecs.com.sg> on 2003/12/19 07:27:59 UTC

Cocoon/Tomcat failed to access localhost:8080/cocoon

Hi All....

I am a newbie trying to get cocoon work for the 1st time.

I have the following problem for Tomcat 4.1.8 and Cocoon 2.0.4 binary
running on windows 2000 sp4 pro
using jdk 1.3.0_02

Attached is the log file from web-inf/log of cocoon.

What I did was to copy the cocoon.war into the webapps directory
and start tomcat.

I got the following error when trying to access http://localhost:8080/cocoon

type fatal
message Exception during processing of jar:file:/C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during processing of jar:file:/C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat 4.1/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xpath.functions.FuncContains

source Cocoon servlet

Could someone enlightened me please?

Thank you very much :)

---

Notice :
The ECS url has been changed. It is http://www.ecs.com.sg  E-mail addresses of staff take the
following format, name@ecs.com.sg. While you will still be able to reach the intended recipient
using the old e-mail address, you are advised to update your records to the new format.

Disclaimer Clause :
The information in this e-mail (including attachments) is confidential and is only intended
for use by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or addressee, please notify
us immediately. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination either in whole or in part
is prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and other information contained in this message are
personal opinions of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of ECS.

Re: Cocoon/Tomcat failed to access localhost:8080/cocoon

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi Budi!

If you are starting I recommend you to better start with:

Cocoon 2.1.3
Tomcat 4.1.29
J2SDK 1.4.2_03

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Cocoon/Tomcat failed to access localhost:8080/cocoon

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Very odd.  Can you confirm that you are really starting with jdk 1.3 and
not 1.4?  The true endorsed libs problem suggested by stavros should
only be present on 1.4, but it is possible that some other xml jars are
being used by tomcat.  Can you check not only its endorsed dir but also
its other lib dirs?  Are there other webapps running in this container
install?

Geoff

Budi Mulyono wrote:
> Hi All....
>
> I am a newbie trying to get cocoon work for the 1st time.
>
> I have the following problem for Tomcat 4.1.8 and Cocoon 2.0.4 binary
> running on windows 2000 sp4 pro
> using jdk 1.3.0_02
>
> Attached is the log file from web-inf/log of cocoon.
>
> What I did was to copy the cocoon.war into the webapps directory
> and start tomcat.
>
> I got the following error when trying to access
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon
> **
> *type* fatal
>
> *message* _Exception during processing of jar:file:/C:/Program
> Files/Apache Group/Tomcat
> 4.1/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl_
>
> *description* _org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during
> processing of jar:file:/C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat
> 4.1/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xpath.functions.FuncContains_
>
> *sender* org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> *source* Cocoon servlet
>
> Could someone enlightened me please?
>
> Thank you very much :)
>

> ---
>
> *_Notice_ :*
> The ECS url has been changed. It is now www.ecs.com.sg
> <http://www.ecs.com.sg>. E-mail addresses of staff take the following
> format, name@ecs.com.sg. While you will still be able to reach the
> intended recipient using the old e-mail address, you are advised to
> update your records to the new format.
>
> *_Disclaimer Clause_ :*
> The information in this e-mail (including attachments) is confidential
> and is only intended for use by the addressee. If you are not the
> intended recipient or addressee, please notify us immediately. Any
> unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination either in whole or in part
> is prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and other information contained in
> this message are personal opinions of the sender and do not necessarily
> represent the views of ECS.

Re: Cocoon/Tomcat failed to access localhost:8080/cocoon

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
try to put in tomcat's common/endorsed
new libs from your cocoon instance (removing existings)

thats the main reason cocoon dont wor my k on tomcat

--stavros