Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Anders Janmyr <an...@jayway.com> on 2010/01/31 11:56:22 UTC

Patches and documentation

Hi,

I started a fork of the project here http://github.com/andersjanmyr/buildr

7877af8 Started on a quick reference document.

777a48c improved notification when generating files
I log when there is no package specification in the project instead of
just wring generating xxx.iml file.

1ae35ba upgraded dependencies in gemspec
2a2f9c6 added .idea to ignore

Is this a possible way to submit patches or should I package them up
and send them in via JIRA?

Also, in the process of working on the quick reference I came up with
some file loading questions.
How are the files read, and in what order? My take on it from
"quick_ref.textile" follows below.
I would be happy if you can help me clarify this.

Regards
Anders

------ quick_ref.textile (part of)

h2. Startup Files

The following files are read when Buildr is starting up.
|_<. Files    		|_<. Name 					| _<. Used For |
|Personal buildfile	|@$HOME/.buildr/buildr.rb@ 	|Personal tasks?|
|Common buildfile	|@buildr.rb@               	|Helper methods and variables|
|THE Buildfile		|@Buildfile@               	| The main projects and tasks|
|Task files			| @tasks/\*.task@			| Reusable tasks|

Setting can be specified in the following ways.
|_<.Type of setting |_<. File |_<. Accessor method |
|Personal  | @$HOME/.buildr/settings.yaml@ | @Buildr.settings.user@|
|Build  |@build.yaml@ |@Buildr.settings.build@|
|Profile |@profiles.yaml@|@Buildr.settings.profile@|

--
http://anders.janmyr.com/

Re: Patches and documentation

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Just to clarify, in order to distribute documentation along with the source,
it needs to be licensed under the ASL as well -- which means that
documentation provided via other channels cannot be included in the
distribution (we distribute both HTML and PDF versions with the distro).

And if you have any ideas for things that should go into the quick-reference
but don't have time to write them up, feel free to open Jiras for them as
well.    Other people can fill in the blanks.

alex

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Anders Janmyr <an...@jayway.com>.
Ok, I filed the issue in Jira.