Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Ling <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/29 02:04:02 UTC

Is this a typical OpenNLP tokenization issue?

Hi, all:

I am testing openNLP and found some significant tokenization issue
involving punctuation.

Thank you Costco!
i love costco!
I love Costco!!
FUCK IKEA.

In all these cases, the last punctuation is not split so "Costco!" and
"IKEA." are treated as one token. This looks like a systematic problem.
Before I file an issue on OpenNLP project, I want to make sure this issue
is true coming from the library.

Does any of you encounter similar problem? Thanks.

Re: Is this a typical OpenNLP tokenization issue?

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
Well u could wait until next release for newer models

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ling <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ling <li...@gmail.com>.