Posted to user@hive.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/15 04:26:05 UTC

When I close the connection, hive don't clean hive.exec.scratchdir directory

I use JDBC to connection hive server, I find when I close connection, hive
don't clean hive.exec.scratchdir directory, so after hive run long time, the
hive.exec.scratchdir directory include a lot of files.

Now we use timer to clean the directory, but I think hive should add one
plugin for closing connection, so that we can do some cleaning working, when
the connection is closed.