Posted to users@sling.apache.org by "David G." <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 05:32:15 UTC

Exporting nodes as JSON/Folders/Files

Are there any tools in Sling that facilities the export of JCR Node trees in JSON representations? (Similar to how the CRX Content Zipper does for XML, etc.)

I'm looking to backport "initial content" out of the JCR into Maven projects.

Thanks

--
David Gonzalez

RE: Exporting nodes as JSON/Folders/Files

Posted by Mark Herman <MH...@NBME.org>.
JCR has a built in export function [1] to produce xml and will include the
content, but it will be one big ugly xml file.

 A bit restricting but you could utilize webdav to get a file system like
view of your content and zip that.

Otherwise I think you'll just have to implement what you're specifically
looking for.  I've never used it before but the jackrabbit sandbox has an
import/export tool [2] that might save you time implementing.

[1] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/7_Export.html
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/sandbox/jackrabbit-jcr-import-expo
rt-tool/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/tools/importexport/JcrImportExpor
tTool.java

Posted by "David G." <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by James Stansell <js...@gmail.com>.