Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by alok verma <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/23 15:27:49 UTC

Xerces support on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 5.0

Hi All,

 We are in the requirements gathering phase of our development project of an
application for our client.
We are plannig to use Xerces-c as a third party library in our application.

We would like to know which Xerces-c library version supports RHAS(Red Hat
Linux Advanced Server ) 5.0 and if not are ther any future pans to give
support for this platform (RHAS 5.0) in near future.
Please send some documents/technical/white papers confirming which platforms
are being supported by Xerces-c.

Thanks and Regards
Alok

RE: Xerces support on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 5.0

Posted by Jesse Pelton <js...@PKC.com>.
I guess it depends on what you mean by "support."  According to
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/, binaries are not available for RHAS
5.0.  However, as you can see on that page, the code is quite portable.
Note that in any case, technical support from the project developers is
limited to this mailing list.

Have you checked whether Red Hat includes Xerces (and offers support for
it) in RHAS?

Note that according to Red Hat's site, RHAS appears to mean "Red Hat
Application Server," which the site says is for "Java-based Web
applications."  Xerces-C is a C++ library.