Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Russ Weeks <rw...@newbrightidea.com> on 2015/01/06 23:43:16 UTC

AccumuloOutputFormat and speculative execution

Hi, all,

When I use AccumuloOutputFormat in my MR job, I see mutations are written
to the table before each individual map tasks completes. If speculative
execution is enabled on my cluster and a map task is killed, will these
mutations be rolled back? If not, should I explicitly disable speculative
execution whenever I use AccumuloOutputFormat?

Or does AccumuloOutputFormat do this internally somehow, and I'm worried
about nothing?

Thanks,
-Russ

Re: AccumuloOutputFormat and speculative execution

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
No, they are not rolled back. If you cannot tolerate duplication of your
mutations (i.e. you depend on versions / aggregates ) then you should not
use speculative execution.

Posted by Russ Weeks <rw...@newbrightidea.com>.
Good to know. Thanks very much, Christopher and John.
-Russ

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.