Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <Th...@weidmueller.de> on 2002/11/20 16:53:10 UTC

sendmail Attachments

Hello group,

I want to attach a pdf which will be create through a xsp. I will use it to create reports.

The xsp will get the datasets trough esql then transform it to pdf. I can then get the pdf trough http://localhost:8080/weidmueller/report.pdf?date=11/19/2002.

Now I want to attach the report to a mail and send it using sendmail. sendmail is runnig fine, by the way.

How can I attach a file? <sendmail:attachment> is not working.

Here part of my sendmail logicsheet:
		<sendmail:send-mail>
			<sendmail:charset>ISO-8859-1</sendmail:charset>
			<sendmail:from>thorsten.scherler@weidmueller.de</sendmail:from>
			<sendmail:to>thorsten.scherler@weidmueller.de</sendmail:to>
			<sendmail:subject>Cocoon send mail test</sendmail:subject>
			<!-- Modify the next line to point to your mail server -->
			<sendmail:smtphost>post.weidmueller.com</sendmail:smtphost>
			<sendmail:body>
				<xsp:expr>text</xsp:expr>
			</sendmail:body>
		</sendmail:send-mail>
King regards

Re: sendmail Attachments

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
hi,
as much as i see the sendmail.xsl logicsheet does not offer you yet, an
special <sendmail:attachement-add> element.
So you may want to enhance the
src\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\language\markup\xsp\java\sendmail.xsl
for adding attachments, and provide it as patch.
As a hint you may have to study the javamail API for adding an attachment
to the MimeMessage object

regards bernhard