Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net> on 2020/07/07 09:16:29 UTC

Re: Freshdesk (again)

Hai!

>>> it might help to add your complaint via abuse@sendgrid.com.

>> I very much doubt it. Sendgrid's business is sending mail and they do not
>> care if that mail is spam or not. If enough servers block them they will go
>> away.
>
> They do, however, apparently care about phishing - they did disable the
> sendgrid redirect that some phisher has been spamming at me for the last
> three weeks.

They definately do. I report to them and they do take them down pretty
quickly.

Inside SURBL we do list the abused CT links. Unfortunately SA doesnt make
use of the wildcarded list that SURBL delivers for a long time now.

So if you want to use it add:

util_rb_3tld    ct.sendgrid.net

Inside your loca.cf

And while you are at it also add:

util_rb_2tld    page.link

Bye, Raymond

Re: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by Pedro David Marco <pe...@yahoo.com>.
 If they only have some IPs addresses instead of millions of them, for sure they would care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----Pedro.

Re: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com>.

--
According to the philosopher Ly Tin Weedle, chaos is found in
greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always

Re: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by Philip Prindeville <ph...@redfish-solutions.com>.

> On Jul 7, 2020, at 3:16 AM, Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net> wrote:
>
> Hai!

>>> I very much doubt it. Sendgrid's business is sending mail and they do not care if that mail is spam or not. If enough servers block them they will go away.
>>
>> They do, however, apparently care about phishing - they did disable the sendgrid redirect that some phisher has been spamming at me for the last three weeks.
>
> They definately do. I report to them and they do take them down pretty quickly.
>
> Inside SURBL we do list the abused CT links. Unfortunately SA doesnt make use of the wildcarded list that SURBL delivers for a long time now.
>
> So if you want to use it add:
>
> util_rb_3tld    ct.sendgrid.net
>
> Inside your loca.cf
>
> And while you are at it also add:
>
> util_rb_2tld    page.link
>
> Bye, Raymond

Hmmm… not my experience.

I’ve been calling out phishing from the same (IP) address for 10 days without any apparent (observable) action from Sendgrid.

At this point I’m wondering if they have compromised relays.

-Philip

Re: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Ha!

> >We report abuse to many organisations, including, but not limited to company's like sendgrid.

> We are so tired af reporting abuse with no answer at all, that we
> stopped reporting problems time ago.... :-( as Marc Roos has said...
> we are not paid for it !

Understand completely.

> Ironically... we han run into problems a couple of times for reporting
> abuses... probable someone considering you are "suggesting" they are
> not doing their job...

I know at least sendgrid is very much aware of whats going on.

> If Sendgrid reacts to the reports, bravo for them!

And again i can understand the sentiment. ... :-)

Bye, Raymond

Re: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by Pedro David Marco <pe...@yahoo.com>.

   >On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 11:24:10 AM GMT+2, Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net> wrote:
 >Hello Marc,
>I hear you. And dont worry about that ;) rather have a clean inbox and so do more people.

>We report abuse to many organisations, including, but not limited to company's like sendgrid.

>Raymond Dijkxhoorn - SURBL

We are so tired af reporting abuse with no answer at all, that we stopped reporting problems time ago.... :-(as Marc Roos has said... we are not paid for it !
Ironically... we han run into problems a couple of times for reporting abuses... probable someone considering you are "suggesting" they are not doing their job...
If Sendgrid reacts to the reports, bravo for them!

----
Pedro

RE: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hello Marc,

>>> They definately do. I report to them and they do take them down
>>> pretty quickly.

> Make sure you get paid for doing this every time. Because you are doing
> the work that they should be doing.

I hear you. And dont worry about that ;)
I rather have a clean inbox and so do more people.

RE: Freshdesk (again)

Posted by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu>.