Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Upender Nimbekar <up...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/30 18:20:11 UTC

Spark 1.0.0 - Java 8

Great News ! I've been awaiting this release to start doing some coding
with Spark using Java 8. Can I run Spark 1.0 examples on a virtual host
with 16 GB ram and fair descent amount of hard disk ? Or do I reaaly need
to use a cluster of machines.
Second, are there any good exmaples of using MLIB on Spark. Please shoot me
in the right direction.

Thanks
Upender

Re: Spark 1.0.0 - Java 8

Posted by Aaron Davidson <il...@gmail.com>.
Also, the Spark examples can run out of the box on a single machine, as
well as a cluster. See the "Master URLs" heading here:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/submitting-applications.html#master-urls

Re: Spark 1.0.0 - Java 8

Posted by Surendranauth Hiraman <su...@velos.io>.

Re: Spark 1.0.0 - Java 8