Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by brainSucka <br...@gmx.de> on 2003/07/04 07:03:57 UTC

TomCat and EJBs in WebSphere

Hi Guys!

Im trying to use my TomCat as EJB-Client and reach WebSphere5 EJBs.
(This is necessary for a special scenario i try to access).

To reach WebSphere-JNDI-Namespace with a Client, one has to use
the "launchClient.bat" that is shipped with WebSphere. This batch sets
several properties, uses IBM-JRE and starts a com.ibm....WSLauncher
class. With this class the EJB-client is started.

This works fine with a simple test-class that uses
com.ibm....InitialFactory.

Now i tried to add the property-settings into catalina.bat, startup.bat =
and
setclasspath.bat. The problem is, that the WSLauncher starts the TomCat
Bootstrap thats a "Launcher" itself.

I read that TomCat ignores property-set Classpath e.g.. I tried to add =
the
.jars that are needed in TC\common\lib, but they still ignored. This =
means,
that i cant start TomCat, because it wants to instanciate the Factory.

I tried to use a Factory thats included in j2se too, but its imopssible =
reach
WebSphere JNDI-Namespace with it.

I really need a solution :->

Hope someone out there that can help me :-))

Greetings
Patrick Elgner

Re: TomCat and EJBs in WebSphere

Posted by brainSucka <br...@gmx.de>.
absolutely no one out there, who can help me :-(((