Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dave Dykstra <dw...@bell-labs.com> on 2001/01/15 18:11:34 UTC

mod_alias/7072: ScriptAliasMatch behavior confusing w.r.t. PATH_INFO, probably needs better doc

>Number:         7072
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       ScriptAliasMatch behavior confusing w.r.t. PATH_INFO, probably needs better doc
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I had this ScriptAliasMatch configuration directive:
    ScriptAliasMatch (.*\.cgi) /usr/www/pages/$1
When a CGI script is invoked with an extra path component such as "tst.cgi/foo"
the SCRIPT_NAME gets set to the full path and PATH_INFO is not set.  It works
ok with "tst.cgi?foo"; that is, QUERY_STRING gets set ok.  The fix is to put a
".*" at the end of the pattern to match, like this:
    ScriptAliasMatch (.*\.cgi.*) /usr/www/pages/$1
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I suggest that the ScriptAliasMatch keyword documentation be expanded to help
people avoid this error (assuming you don't want to change the behavior of
ScriptAliasMatch, although you may want to).  Perhaps all it will take is a
second example in addition to the cgi-bin example.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]