Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> on 2015/06/02 01:13:39 UTC

fwd.facebook.com envelope sender spam

hmm, is it only me that see forwarded hotmail spam comming via facebook
dkim signed mail ?

Re: fwd.facebook.com envelope sender spam

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.
Am 03.06.2015 um 16:08 schrieb Ben:
>> talking about a "mitm problem" is nonsense, these mails are just sent to
>> your facebook email address and forwarded to the email account in your
>> profile settings
>
> Sounds a lot like a MTIM problem to me !
>
> Sender -> FB SMTP -> <we don't know what happens here> -> Receipient
>
> ;-)

bullshit - read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-in-the-middle_attack

that are not messages which go unintented over the facbook SMTP, with
that stupid argumentation and abuse of a clear technical word you can
call *any mail provider* MITM

Re: fwd.facebook.com envelope sender spam

Posted by Ben <be...@list-subs.com>.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.
Am 02.06.2015 um 11:00 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
> On June 2, 2015 4:32:04 AM Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net> wrote:
>
>> > hmm, is it only me that see forwarded hotmail spam comming via facebook
>> > dkim signed mail?
>>
>> no and that are forwarded mails
>>

> indead, fond that facebook now forwards email, make them mitm problem,
> but atleast its possible to dissable facebook accounts :)

the forwarding is nothing new and the envelope is in fact something like
"forward+AYXRoYUBhdGhhbmFzaWFkaXMuYXQ@fwd.facebook.com" and so you can
even use whitelist_auth for normal facebook notifications while scan the
forwardings unchanged

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.