Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <al...@istc.cnr.it> on 2012/01/11 13:16:18 UTC

Re: [IKS] About semantic search

Hi Olivier, on a side note I will soon commit the code started in
Salzburg to "unify" the vocabulary translator facility with the refactor
engine so that it combines refactoring and (optionally) reasoning, with
selectable recipes/vocabularies.

thanks

alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid, lying morality, and so I am beyond caring."
(Col. Walter E. Kurtz)

Re: [IKS] About semantic search

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Mind that you can also use LDPath for translating in-between schemata's. You can also use to follow inverse and transitive properties as well as longer paths.

You can play around with the example provided by the RESTful interface documentation of the Entityhub.

* [1] : Allows to execute LDPath statements on dbpedia
* [2]:  Gemet is a SKOS thesaurus. A search for "Nuclear" with an LDPath program like

skos:prefLabel;
skos:altLabel;
skos:hiddenLabel;
rdfs:label = (skos:prefLabel | skos:altLabel | skos:hiddenLabel);
skos:notation

skos:inScheme;

skos:broader = (skos:broader | ^skos:narrower);
skos:broaderTransitive = (skos:broader | ^skos:narrower)+;

skos:narrower = (^skos:broader | skos:narrower);
skos:narrowerTransitive = (^skos:broader | skos:narrower)+;

skos:related = (skos:related | skos:relatedMatch);
skos:relatedMatch;
skos:exactMatch = (skos:exactMatch)+;
skos:closeMatch = (skos:closeMatch | (skos:exactMatch)+);
skos:broaderMatch = (^skos:narrowMatch | skos:broaderMatch);
skos:narrowMatch = (skos:narrowMatch | ^skos:broaderMatch);

shows how LDPath can be used to perform SKOS reasoning.

I consider the use of LDPath as an alternative for providing mapping functionality between rNews<->DBPedia

WDYT
Rupert

[1] http://dev.iks-project.eu:8081/entityhub/site/dbpedia/ldpath
[2] http://dev.iks-project.eu:8081/entityhub/site/gemet/find

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2012/1/20 Alberto Musetti <mu...@cs.unibo.it>:
> Ok, I got it.
> We can associate to each rule set a different recipe.
>
> In order to have independently configured instances of the same engine we might enable the SCR factory in the Refactor engine.

This is precisely what I had in mind.

--
Olivier

Re: [IKS] About semantic search