Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Flynn, Adam" <Ad...@astrazeneca.com> on 2006/08/04 15:55:21 UTC

Corporate Environment Problems

I have just began to use maven 2. I have ran into a problem whilst
attempting to setup my first project. It appears that because I am behind a
proxy maven cannot gain access to the archetype plugin.

I need to establish some form of local repository of plugins. Could somebody
please tell me how I could go about setting up such a repository manually
(i.e what directory structure will be required) and what changes I'll need
to make to settings.xml.

Thanks
Adam Flynn

Re: Corporate Environment Problems

Posted by neeraj daffodil <ne...@gmail.com>.
it easy ,the maven2.0 have different structure than maven1.0 so if u want to
make internal repository then use ftp server and in setting .xml write the
url of your local repository
like <url>ftp://yourserverdomain:portno/
and in your repository section of pom.xml write about ur ftp server

to set up ur repository manually download the jar manually and then put in
the hirarchy as specify in apache sit
like artifactid then groupid then version then your jar ,if u want to look
the eg then see in${home}/.maven
 hobe this abstract will help u

Posted by Guenther Schroettner <ma...@guenz.at>.
Flynn, Adam wrote:
> It appears that because I am behind a
> proxy maven cannot gain access to the archetype plugin.

Have you tried this:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

- Guenther

Re: Corporate Environment Problems

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you can look at here:
http://proximity.abstracthorizon.org/

Here you will find some examples for settings.xml and creating environment.

~t~