Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arthur Reed III <re...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/02 03:43:41 UTC

SA 3.0.2 Subject problem

I am having a problem with my recently upgraded SA install. I am
running RH8 & I recently upgraded from 2.63 to 3.02. I am finding that
my subjects are not being rewritten with my tag of [SPAM] after the
update. I have followed the directions in the upgrade about the new
subject rewrite. Here is what my local.cf looks like:

required_score 6
rewrite_header Subject [SPAM]
report_safe 0
use_pyzor 0
use_razor2 1
use_dcc 1
dcc_home /var/dcc
skip_rbl_checks 0
rbl_timeout 3
score RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 2

trusted_networks 10.163.
trusted_networks 65.40.234.

use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn 1
bayes_path /home/spamd/.spamassassin/bayes

Everything seems to be working ok as far as I can tell except for the
subject rewrite. I am running the gtube test and in the header I see
that the message is being scored correctly.

I was afraid that for some reason the local.cf file was not being read
except that when I change the required score I see that it is also
changing in the headers and in my maillog.

I have tried the rewrite_header option with several different options
just to test. I have tried subject with a lower case s & tried
different strings but nothing seems to make that option work.

I am kind of a noob with SA and I am kind of lost now, any ideas?

--Arthur

Re: SA 3.0.2 Subject problem

Posted by Arthur Reed III <re...@gmail.com>.
Forget it guys, I fixed it myself. I ended up reinstalling the tnef
package, maildrop and qmail-scanner and it fixed the problem.

--
Arthur Reed III
Computer Technician III