Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2015/05/29 19:42:57 UTC

[VOTE] - Release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1

This is a vote to release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1. This release fixes an
important bug in 2.1.0, which prevents signing or validating a signed SAML
token in an OSGi container.

Issues fixed:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS/fixforversion/12332242

SVN tag:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/tags/wss4j-2.1.1/

Maven artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachews-1017/

+1 from me.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1

Posted by Alessio Soldano <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

--
Alessio Soldano
Web Service Lead, JBoss

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1

Posted by Marc Giger <gi...@apache.org>.
+1

Marc

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] - Release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with 6 binding +1 votes, and 2 non-binding +1 votes. I'll
upload the artifacts.

Colm.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good.

+1 (binding)

Andreas

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On May 31, 2015, at 11:21 AM, Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The NOTICE file in the source distribution has an extra entry giving
> attribution to University of Southampton. Shouldn't that entry be
> present in the NOTICE files included in the JARs as well?

Actually, I think it should be removed from the one in the source for the 2.x branches.   I went through the old patch that was submitted for that and the entire patch has now been completely rewritten as part of the updates to WSS4J 2.0 and the streaming/dom separations and code unification and inclusion of the ws-security policy processing.  The only part of the patch that’s left is really just an error message:

requiredElementNotSigned=Element {0} is not included in the signature

which is not something I think a Notice is needed for.  Even the code around where that error was thrown is completely different.

Anyway, that’s something that I wouldn’t consider a blocker for a release.  We can get that removed for the next releases.

Dan

> Andreas
>
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh
> <co...@apache.org> wrote:
>> This is a vote to release Apache WSS4J 2.1.1. This release fixes an
>> important bug in 2.1.0, which prevents signing or validating a signed SAML
>> token in an OSGi container.
>>
>> Issues fixed:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS/fixforversion/12332242
>>
>> SVN tag: