Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Tahir Akhtar <ta...@spectrum-tech.com> on 2006/03/07 12:53:16 UTC

Using POI FormulaParser class

Hi,

I am trying to use FormulaParser class to parse excel formula. I understand
following constructor can be used for parsing formulas.

HYPERLINK
"http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/model/FormulaPars
er.html#FormulaParser(java.lang.String,
org.apache.poi.hssf.model.Workbook)"FormulaParser(java.lang.String formula,
HYPERLINK
"http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/model/Workbook.ht
ml"Workbook book)

My question is that, what should I pass in Workbook parameter in following
cases:

*	I have an HSSFWorkbook instance but no Workbook instance. Can I
somehow convert HSSFWorkbook instance to Workbook instance?
*	I want to parse a formula independent of any workbook. Is it
possible?

Regards,

Tahir