Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Vincent Lextrait <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/12 15:45:14 UTC

Upgrade CouchDB on Mac

Hello there,

I am trying to upgrade from CouchDB 3.1.1 to 3.2.0 on macOS. Drag & drop of the unzipped app does not work, because CouchDB needs to be stopped first (otherwise error because it is “in use”).

I did not find any resource on couchdb.apache.org to explain the process to perform that clean stop. Did I miss it somewhere? There is an Upgrade entry in the documentation, but it does not explain how to do that.

Thanks!

Vincent

Re: Upgrade CouchDB on Mac

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
You can quit the existing Apache CouchDB app by using the menu bar item and selecting “Quit Apache CouchDB”. Then you can overwritee the application and start it again. No other task required.

Best
Jan
—

24/7 Observation for your CouchDB Instances:
https://opservatory.app