Posted to user@ant.apache.org by THUFIR HAWAT <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/14 22:28:19 UTC

zipfile with manifest

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/manifest.html> seems to be
saying that ant creates the manifest in the standard place, the META-INF
directory, specified by
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html>, which is
putting the manifest in the META-INF directory.  Is that a correct
reading of the manual?

I'm writing a plugin for JamochaMUD <http://www.jamochamud.org/>.
JamochaMUD requires that the plug-in be in a zip file, but that the
extension is .jpa <http://www.jamochamud.org/PlugInDocs.html>.  Also,
the manifest must be moved from The META-INF directory to the top
directory.

I think what that means is that JamochaMUD is looking for a jar file,
but with a .jpa extension and the manifest moved to the top level.

Without commenting on the wisdom of those requirements, how do I meet
them?

I'm looking at <http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/zip.html> and
this seems to be the ticket.

How do I get the manifest into the zip file from ant?

Thanks,

Thufir

Re: zipfile with manifest

Posted by THUFIR HAWAT <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 8/14/05, Alexey N. Solofnenko <A....@mdl.com> wrote:
> Isn't the manifest just another file? Create one one way or another
> (maybe even with <echo>, but it is better not to overwrite the file, if
> it is already up-to-date to avoid continuous zip file updates) and zip
> it with all other files.
>
> - Alexey.

Ah, thanks, I'll look into that :)

-Thufir