Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Robert Douglass <r....@onlinehome.de> on 2002/02/08 07:38:29 UTC

What is the state of 2.3, and how does it affect character encoding issues?

Hi all,

I got my first Turbine application up and running using the 2.1 release. I'm
having character encoding problems, and want to ask what changes have been
made since 2.1, and will I gain any particular advantage in this respect
from building the CVS version, or should I go with 2.2? The encoding
problems that I'm having are twofold: first, a javascript file that I
include causes errors due to unterminated character codes or sequences, and
second, the characters in the upper region of ISO-8859-1 get read as two 8
bit characters instead of one 16 bit character when being parsed from a POST
request. I read the mail archives and saw that the problem is due to the way
ParameterParser is implemented (in 2.1 at least). Thus my desire to know
which Turbine version solves the most encoding problems for me. Thanks,

Robert