Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by vbrophy <br...@embarqmail.com> on 2016/10/14 14:19:45 UTC

Email set up

Hi.  Just downloaded apache office 4.1.3.  Need to email documents, and it said email is not set up.  Sorry, but don’t know what I am doing!  Would appreciate help.  And if u can, please walk me thru it very slowly.  Kids just hooked up new desktop for me too.  THANK U!!!	  Ginny Brophy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Email set up

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 10/14/2016 10:19 AM, vbrophy wrote:
> Hi.  Just downloaded apache office 4.1.3.  Need to email documents, and it said email is not set up.  Sorry, but don\u2019t know what I am doing!  Would appreciate help.  And if u can, please walk me thru it very slowly.  Kids just hooked up new desktop for me too.  THANK U!!!	  Ginny Brophy
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

First off, you need an email program.  Many people use Thunderbird.
Then you have to set it as the default email app.  You do this by
clicking on Start button > Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your
default programs and then Thunderbird.  Click on Set this program as
default.  Thunderbird should now be available for sending documents.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Re: Email set up

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 10/14/2016 11:08 AM, Wade Smart wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:19 AM, vbrophy <br...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.  Just downloaded apache office 4.1.3.  Need to email documents, and it said email is not set up.  Sorry, but don\u2019t know what I am doing!  Would appreciate help.  And if u can, please walk me thru it very slowly.  Kids just hooked up new desktop for me too.  THANK U!!!          Ginny Brophy
>>
>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>>
> Uh.. Office does not have a email client.
> In the same email client you emailed this group from,
> you can attach documents there with the paperclip
> icon.
>
> Here is a walk thru how to do that:
>
> http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-send-mail-attachments-in-windows-10/

First off, she might be using a browser, instead of an email client.
However, if she is using a client, it has to be set as default, using
the method I described in another message.

Re: Email set up

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.